November 7, 2013
TrendEDITOR Launch Party
Columbus stylist Samantha Moffett, a former assistant buyer at Thread, just launched a brand new wardrobe consulting business.
Moffett, also known as trendEDITOR, is throwing a party to celebrate the new venture next Friday, Nov. 15, from 6 to 9 p.m.
Head to the Vue in the Brewery District for a holiday runway show (with trendEDITOR-styled looks) drinks, food and a big beauty raffle, with proceeds going to Dress for Success.
“It’s going to be a good time,” she said.
Moffett pulled clothing from local boutiques, including Thread, Rowe and Ladybird, as well as pieces from local designer Lubna Designs, for the catwalk. Preview Lubna’s new ready-to-wear line on the runway.
Make sure to shoot her an email at email@example.com if you plan on attending.
Get ready for the show with these five tips from the stylist on staying chic this season:
1. Statement outerwear: A good, chic coat is a must-have because it’s the first thing people see. I always recommend clients find one that’s fitted and has some sort of fun embellishment, like fur or detailed embroidery.
2. Leave a little sparkle wherever you go! This is the season to really shine. Like anything, moderation is key. Maybe throw on a sequin blazer over your little black dress, or rock a pair of glittered pumps. Keep it classy, but don’t be afraid to have fun with it!
3. Bold jewelry: Nothing says, “I’m ready to party!” more than an embellished necklace and an arm full of bracelets.
4. Winter white: I can’t stress this enough—white is okay to wear after Labor Day. In fact, it's more than OK—it’s fabulous. Nothing is more chic than a winter white party dress draped in fur.
5. Forget the denim: You have every other month out of the year to wear your skinny jeans. Leave the jeans at home and opt for a long skirt with a sexy slit or rock a pair of this season’s leather slouchy pants.